Lenders Independent Engineer Report - Purpose, method and benefits
April 11, 2022
Lender’s Independent Engineer Report is primarily to safeguard the interest and minimize the risk of the lender, which can be a banker, investor, or any other financial institution. To understand its relevance, let’s find out more in detail.
Definition of Lender’s Independent Engineer Report
With the financial expertise, a lender’s Independent engineer report is prepared to ensure the interest of the lender and protect them against various risks involved. This specialised service of independent engineer report is a thorough assessment of the project report. These reports are majorly required for real estate projects, SEZ, and other infrastructure projects.
The priority of an Independent Engineer Report is to provide the client with a detailed review of the proposed project’s documents and the evaluation of the technical design to validate the eligibility and other compliances of the project. Whether it is up to the mark to meet contractual expectations or not.
Request for Lender’s Independent Engineer Report is raised for any M&A Transaction, Construction Loan, Commissioning, or a Long-Term Loan, etc. However, these reports vary due to different components involved in multiple industries as per the specific requirements of the client and the stage of construction of the project.
Role of Lender’s Engineer
A needs to visit the undertaking site at normal intervals, give a total appraisal of tasks and to give assessments to the lending organisations about the following:
- Actual status of the work carried out on the site.
- Judge and report the Lender’s Engineer quantum of money contributed and utilized for the undertaking.
- Assessed construction of the project and its progress in comparison to the planned schedule.
- Undertake study and comment on various Statutory Approvals and Clearances.
- To verify and confirm the competence of the borrower for proper execution of the project.
- Confirm whether the borrower's commitments follow project-related stipulated arrangements.
- Survey the drawdown plan for the arranged task movement.
- In case of delays, suggest remedial action for timely completion.
Ways to prevent Project Failure
- Detailed planning of the project is essential and one should not venture to start the project in a hurry, expecting results early. Be prepared for likely mistakes, oversights and it may be required to revamp and do midcourse correction.
- Every project needs a thorough preparation of the execution plan as per the specific requirements, keeping in view the necessary compliances as per various regulations. Proper arrangement of the resources required, there timely utilization and close monitoring of the execution with utmost discipline is essential.
- Specific needs and requirements of the customer need to be kept in view and the decision making at various levels has to be smooth, timely and transparent.
- Identify the possible hazards and bottlenecks and evolve suitable response and steps before things go out of hand.
- Proper coordination among stakeholders needs to be ensured avoiding any conflicting views.
Advantages of Lenders Independent Engineer Report
Based on the current practices and services delivered by Lenders Independent Engineer Report service providers. Here are a few benefits that you should know about:
- Helps in identifying the potential risk
- Generates detailed performance analysis of third parties
- Suggests further suitable recommendations