Training Program on Roll out of GST
May 30, 2019
The programme is specifically designed to examine the changing business process required for compliance with the new GST and to acquire practical knowledge of the different procedures under GST Act and rules.
New law calls for extensive use of technology with multiple periodic returns to be filed electronically. The success of GST depends upon widespread understanding and broad-based compliance with the GST requirements, including on part of organisations making purchases of Goods and Services.
- Gain an overall understanding of the GST Law and Rules covering its implementation, compliance and enforcement issues.
- Understand how GST would impact the functioning of your organisation and changes in the business process required for compliance with the new law.
- Acquire practical knowledge of the different procedures required under GST Act and Rules such as Registration, Filing of Returns, availing Input Tax Credit, TDS (Tax Deduction at Source for Government Buyers) compliance, Refunds and other documentation requirements.
- Effective treatment of Transitional Issues.
What you’ll learn
- Overview of GST & Model GST law (CGST & SGST)
- Meaning/ scope of supply of Goods & services
- GST Business Process – Registration
- Time of supply & valuation of supply of Goods & services, change in rate of tax
- GST Business Process – Returns
- Place of supply of Goods & services
- Overview of IGST Act
- Input Tax credit, Funds Transfer & transitional provisions
- Demand & Recovery
- Appeals & Revision
- Inspection, Search, Seizure And Arrest Detention, Confiscation Of Goods And Conveyances, Prosecution, Offences And Penalties
- Assessment and audit refunds